Can you have a Pet Chipmunk? Legal Domesticated Pet Chipmunks, Where are they for Sale?
Anyone who has ever seen a chipmunk has probably wondered if these cute little things are legal to keep as pets. While in many cases, the answer is no, some states and countries do allow chipmunks to be domesticated. The first step in obtaining a pet chipmunk is to speak to your local animal services department and inquire as to the legality. You will usually have more success with this if you live in a rural area rather than a city. If it is acceptable in your area, you should next speak to a specialty pet dealer and start comparing prices. Chipmunks can make excellent pets if properly trained and cared for.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California