Can you have a Pet Koala Bear? Legal Domesticated Pet Koala Bears, Where are they for Sale?
Koala bears are some of the cutest and cuddliest animals in the world. As a result, many people wonder if they can be kept as pets. The answer is yes and no. First off, it is illegal under most circumstances to keep a koala bear as a pet. This is due to protection laws active in their native country of Australia. Export of koala bears is usually only allowed in the case of zoos. There have, however, been legal movements recently to shift these laws to allow koalas to be domesticated. Until the laws are changed, anyone selling a koala bear is most likely performing an illegal action. If such laws should be changed, koalas would make good pets if treated correctly and cared for. Koalas are affectionate and docile, but can become agitated when exposed to certain forms of human contact.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California