Can you have a Pet Ostrich? Legal Domesticated Ostriches, Where are they for Sale?
Everyone loves ostriches, so can you keep one as a pet? Well, it depends upon where you live and more particularly upon local animal control laws. In most places, a pet ostrich is illegal due to the moderate danger posed by the ostrich’s strong legs and capricious nature. However, in certain areas you’ll be able to obtain an exotic or dangerous pet license and be allowed to legally keep a pet ostrich. However, it is unclear as to whether ostriches would make good pets or not, and this is a subject of some debate. Obtaining a legal pet ostrich would require significant negotiation with an expert bird trainer or exotic pet salesman. Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
+by Susan White on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 01:52
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California