Can you have a Pet Platypus? Legal Domesticated Duck Billed Platypuses, Where are they for Sale?
The platypus is a strange and mysterious creature, sharing attributes from numerous types of animals, but belonging to none. Are they legal to keep as pets? In the majority of cases, the answer is no. Platypuses are an endangered species, and as a result almost all countries consider it illegal to contribute to their scarcity in the wild. In the few situations where it is legal, you should know that male platypuses have venomous barbs that deliver a poison capable of killing small animals and children, and producing excruciating pain in adult humans, even to the point of incapacitation. Domesticated platypuses are generally not, Where are they for Sale among pet suppliers.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California