Can you have a Pet Porcupine? Legal Domesticated Porcupines, Where are they for Sale?
In spite of their sharp quills, porcupines are extremely cute and seem like they would make great pets. But is this really the case? In fact, keeping a porcupine as a pet is possible and legal, under the correct circumstances. First, you’ll need to ensure that keeping an exotic pet is legal in your area, state, or country. If it is, then you’ll need to obtain a special license or permit by taking an exam in class on the subject. You also need to have the facilities and food supply necessary to keep a porcupine healthy and happy. Porcupines can be purchased from special exotic pet dealers. Look on the internet for an exotic pet dealer in your area.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California