Can you have a Pet Sea Otter? Legal Domesticated Sea Otters, Where are they for Sale?
With their furry bodies and expressive faces, sea otters are cute and loveable creatures. Many people ask, is it legal to keep a sea otter as a pet? The answer is yes, but only under certain circumstances. Depending on the country you are in, the law may vary. In the United States (depending on your state laws), you usually need a special license and two years of wildlife rehabilitation training to legally adopt a sea otter. If you find yourself able to do this, remember that sea otters have numerous requirements when it comes to food, habitation, and care. Also know that otters are somewhat prone to biting and scratching their handlers. Purchase of a sea otter is generally only available when consulting with specialized animal suppliers or wildlife care organizations.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California