Can you have a Pet Seal? Legal Domesticated Seals
Anyone who has seen a seal knows how cute they are and has probably wondered if it is possible to keep one as a pet. The answer is yes and it is in fact even legal. However, there are heavy restrictions and limitations for keeping a seal as a pet. First of all, you must spend an enormous amount of money on the facilities needed to house the animal as well as a lot of time required to care for the animal. In most states and countries, special permission from a government animal control agency is required to keep a seal. In some cases it is actually illegal. In other cases a scientific license may be required as well. But if you can manage to get all the legal obstructions out of the way as was the financial issues, then a seal can make an excellent pet.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. The above-mentioned food or ingredient may have related health risks not mentioned or not yet discovered. Consult with a medical or nutritional professional for more information.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California