Can you have a Pet Tiger? Legal, Safe Domesticated Tigers
Anyone who has seen the majestic tiger has probably had wild fantasies about keeping one as a pet. But what if this was possible? It is actually legal and possible to own a domesticated tiger as a pet. However, there are very strict regulations and laws, which must be observed closely for this to happen. These laws are in place for the welfare of the animal as well as the safety of the public and the owner. Owning a tiger is also very expensive as the large quantities of raw meat and must have a large enough space in which to live. Owning a tiger is also quite dangerous as they are much like cats and easy to anger. Unlike cats, they can cause you extreme bodily harm and even death. So, while it is possible to own a tiger, it might not be the best idea.
Disclaimer: We do not condone keeping the above-mentioned animal as a pet. This article is for informational purposes only. Please consult with professionals for more information on the subject. Domesticating this animal may be illegal depending on your location and local laws and ordinances. It may also be dangerous.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California