How much does a Beautician/Cosmetologist make per year? Beautician Salary
The average salary of a beautician is $31,000 per year although this can vary greatly from company to company and in different locations. In general the amount of experience and skill you have as a beautician increases the money they expect to be paid. The average hourly wage of beauticians is around $10.25. skin care specialists tend to earn the highest wages of all beauticians over that of hairdressers and manicurists. The top three locations for beauticians in the US are Phoenix Arizona, Wichita Kansas, and New York City. The beautician industry has an expected growth rate that is above that of the average form of employment and thus yields good expectations for the future for those in this field. You might also be interested in our articles on how to become a cosmetologist, the list of top beauty schools, the cost of beauty school and our guide to paying for Beauty School.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls .gov)
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary