How much does a Hair Stylist/Hairdresser make per year? Hair Stylist/Hairdresser salary
The average pay for hair stylists in the United States is $34,000 per year. Determining your actual salary will involve several factors including your location, experience, and connections. More prestigious hair stylists can make $50,000 a year or more. Inexperienced starting hair stylists can expect to make closer to $25,000 per year. Running your own hair salon can often put the yearly earnings into the six digit range. There also many options available in the movie and television industry for well skilled hair stylists which provide a large boost to pay as well as connections that can really take you places. The hair stylist industry has a steady rate of growth and is very resistant to recessions, making it a very solid career choice. You might also be interested in our articles on how to become a hair stylist, the list of top hairstyling schools, the cost of beauty school and our guide to paying for Beauty School.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary