How much does a Professional Horse Race Jockey make per Year? Average Annual Pro Horse Rider Salary Range
Horse racing has always been a favorite pastime. A lot of money is made and lost each year on this sport of kings. But how much do the riders earn? As stated by a representative of the Jockey’s Guild, the average salary for a professional horse jockey is $24,000. The general range of their salaries is between $17,000 and $250,000. In addition to flat pay, jockeys also earn a percentage of their horse’s winnings, generally about 7%. Jerry Bailey, for example, set a record in yearly winnings with $23,354,960, earning him $1.63 million.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary