How to make a Latte at home without a machine
Making a refreshing latte in your kitchen is not as hard as you might think. You don’t need all of the fancy equipment you see in Starbucks. You also don’t need to spend $5 dollars every time you want one. To make a latte you will first need a stovetop espresso maker, also called a moka express. Read our article on making espresso for instructions on how to use it. Once the espresso has been made, heat up half a cup of milk or soy milk in the microwave until steaming hot but not boiling, about 2 minutes. Heating the milk is essential as cold milk will result in a lukewarm latte. Pour in the espresso and serve.
Whip the milk with a milk frother before adding it to the coffee. You can buy one of these for about $10 on Amazon or in a specialty food store. The best brands are Aerolatte and Bonjour. You can also use a hand blender.
To make an iced latte, read our article here.
To make a mocha latte, read our article here.
Add a dash of cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, or ground nutmeg on top, adding both flavor and style.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California