What Is the Average Cost of Perlite Per Ounce/Gram/Ton? Average Perlite Price?
The prices of perlite have almost doubled in the last 10 years, from $35 per ton in 2000 to $65 per ton in 2010. Further price rises are forecast for 2011 in view of a strong growing demand. Greece, China, USA, Japan and Turkey are the major producers of perlite. Its general usage is mainly as building construction products (60%). Due to its low cost and low density, perlite has a lot of commercial uses. It is an industrial mineral and a common product used for its light weight after processing. It is used in lightweight plasters and mortars, insulation and ceiling tiles. Perlite is also an excellent filter aid. It is used extensively as an alternative to diatomaceous earth.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Tune Up Cost? Average Tune Up Price
- How Much Does an Average Trip To Hawaii Cost? Average Trip To Hawaii Price
- How Much Does an Average Trial Cost? Average Trial Price
- How Much Does an Average Tattoo Cost? Average Tattoo Price
- How Much Does an Average Roof Cost? Average Roof Price