What do you do with eggplant?
Eggplant is delicious and can be cooked in a lot of ways, including fried up and added to tomato sauce. One of the simplest and best of these is an eggplant sandwich. Wash and peel the eggplant with a potato peeler. Slice the eggplant into wheels about half an inch thick. Salt each side of these. Put a few tablespoons of olive oil or butter in a frying pan and heat it on medium. Once it’s nice and hot, put in enough eggplant slices to cover the bottom, trying not to overlap them. Fry these for about 5 minutes until golden brown on one side, then flip and cook the other. Once both sides are golden and tender, set them aside on a plate. Make it into a sandwich with toasted bread, a thick slice of your favorite cheese (I recommend cheddar), lettuce, and a slice of tomato. Drizzle a little olive oil on it and add a fresh basil leaf if you have some. Enjoy.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California