When Was Common Sense Published?
Common Sense is a pamphlet written by Thomas Paine. It was first published anonymously on January 10, 1776, during the American Revolution. Common Sense was an instant best-seller, both in the colonies and in Europe. It went through several editions in Philadelphia and was republished in all parts of united America. It spurred the American colonists to raise an effective revolt against the British rule and strive for independence. Paine structured Common Sense like a sermon and relied on Biblical references to make his case to the people. The pamphlet was worded simply but effectively, so as to reach out to commoners and win over the majority of the population. American victory in the Revolutionary War is often attributed by historians to the resounding success of Common Sense.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California